Thursday, March 15, 2007

A hairy mystery


I've been thinking a lot about footballers with beards - about how hot their faces must get, about the potential loss of earnings with razor companies, but mostly about the fact that there aren't any.

Since the fall of Socrates, whose hairy brillance is pictured here, beards have been driven out of the game. Like noisey rattles, skin-tight shorts, and Leeds United F.C., beards are now a thing of the past.

In Iran - because that's always the first place I look for common sense thinking - they have even banned beards from the game.

Stop the madness, I say. Free the beards.

A free bottle of Just For Men for the first reader to name a bearded footballer who is still playing.




4 comments:

Sorcha said...

Dear Mr Dam,

I'd like my bottle of Just for Men sent to me at once.

Some dude called Xavier who plays for Portugal.

See:
http://battleblog.wordpress.com/2006/07/01/world-cup-world-class-hair/

Hercé said...

Dear Hole,

Olaf Mellberg.

Apparently he resembles Sean William Scott aka Stifler. Do you know who that is?

Little Brother said...

Herce, I do know Stifler and from my vague knowledge of Olaf Melberg I can in fact confirm that there is a resemblence.

Unfortunately, however, Sorcha got in ahead of you. She will soon be washing out those gray hairs with one personally delivered bottle of Just for Men.

Hercé said...

ok, fair enuff. although if i were to split (beard)hairs, his name is abel.

had it been a bottle of brut, things might have gotten nasty..